"I'm a mother, I'm a lover, a chef, a referee. I'm a doctor, and a chauffeur seven days a week. I ain't asking for a medal, yeah I know you work too. I'd just like a little credit where credit is due. It's the hardest gig I've ever known. I work my fingers to the bone. Yeah the dishes and the diapers never stop. Lousy pay, there ain't no 401K. I know this may come as a shock, but this here's a full time job!"--Full Time Job sung by Gretchen Wilson

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Getting To Know You Sunday

I am joining in on MannLand5's Getting To Know You again.  I'd love for you to check out my answers and then do some of your own.  Make sure you link up and let me know so I can check your answers out too!

The Questions:

1. What's your favorite rainy day activity?  It should come as no surprise what the answer to this question is.  But, for the uninformed (just kidding!), my favorite rainy day activity is knitting.  I also love to read and take a nap if I am able!

2. What time do you go to bed?  I think I answered a similar question on Friday.  My bedtime completely depends on how I feel and what is going on the next morning.  Sometimes I got to bed at 9pm when E does, and sometimes I stay up until midnight or so.  It also depends on what is on TV and what I am doing.  If I am knitting something really fun (and let's face it, all knitting is fun!), then I tend to get sucked in and stay up to finish "just one more row".

3. How many magazines do you subscribe to?  Let's see, I have a subscription for "Family Circle" and "Taste Of Home".  My wonderful hubby bought me a subscription for "Interweave Knits".  So, three subscriptions. I think that is it.  I might be missing one.

4. Did you sell all your belongings because you thought the world was ending yesterday?  Uh, no.  I did not at all believe that the world was ending yesterday.  I know that when that time comes, I can't take anything with me, except for the love I have for my family and friends and the faith and love I have for God. 

5. What's your beauty obsession?  I don't know that I really have a beauty "obsession", but we will go with shoes.  I LOVE my shoes. 

6. If you could only wear one designer/brand for the rest of your life...what would it be?  I seriously have absolutely NO idea.  I am not a designer shopper and have never really stressed about what the labels on my clothes read.  I remember once my grandparents very kindly bought me a pair of GUESS? jeans (am I totally dating myself there?).  They weren't very comfortable to me, so I returned them for 3 pairs of jeans that were really comfortable.  Comfort is much more important in my eyes.

7. What's your summer must have?  Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!!  I have had a couple of skin cancer scares and I am a big believer in sunscreen.  I make sure the kids wear it too!!

8. Do you make weekly dinner menus?   I don't really make an actual menu, but I do try and think ahead of what I'm going to make for the week. 

I also have a little favor to ask of you.  My sweet friend Natalie over at Mommy On Fire is in the running for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Faith Bloggers.  Check out her blog and if you like what you read (which I KNOW you will), click on this link: HERE and vote for her.  You can vote once a day!  Thank you so much!!!

Have a great day and a wonderful upcoming week!!
With Love!

No comments: